The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Wellington Provincial District]
Khandallah Pubic School
Khandallah Pubic School, which occupies the highest site in the township, stands on a large section of nearly three acres of land. The building is specially well finished and remarkably well lighted by handsome windows on all sides. The two class-rooms are divided by large folding doors, which, when opened, convert the school into one large room. The Knandallah School was commenced in January, 1893, the new building being occupied in April of the following year. There are forty children on the roll, the average attendance being thirty-four. The teaching staff consists of the headmaster and one pupil teacher.