Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1893.

[No. 487A.—Petition of Enoka te Taitu.]

No. 487A.—Petition of Enoka te Taitu.

Petitioner complains that the Native owners of the reserves of "tenths" in Wellington are unable to obtain payment of moneys due on the same.

I have the honour to report as follows: The complaint of the petitioner really is that certain revenues from the "tenths" reserves, managed by the Public Trustee, have not been paid to the persons entitled. The Committee have been informed that the Trustee has hitherto been unable to distribute the rents, as there has been no decision as to these persons. The Committee recommend that this question should be referred by the Government to some Native Land Court Judge to determine, so that the revenues may be distributed.

29th September, 1893.

[Translation.]
No. 487A.—Pukupuka inoi a Enoka te Taitu.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana kahore e ahei e nga Maori Whai Take ki nga Rahui whakatekau i roto i Poneke te whiwhi ki nga moni e tiki ana kia utua i runga i aua whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Ko nga korero a te kai-pitihana e korero nei e pa tonu ana ki nga moni e puta mai ana i nga Rahui whakatekau e whakahaerea ana e te Kaitiaki mo te Katoa a kahore ano i whakaputaina i utua ranei ki nga tangata whai take ki aua whenua, a kua rongo te Komiti kihai i ahei e te Kaitiaki mo te Katoa i mua ake nei te utu i aua moni reti notemea kahore ano kia whakataua nga tangata mana aua moni a e tono ana te Komiti kia tukuna e te Kawanatanga enei whenua ki tetahi Kooti Whenua Maori kia whakataua kia ahei ai te wehewehe i nga moni o aua. Rahui ki waenga i nga tangata e whai take ana.

29 o Hepetema, 1893.