Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1894.

[Nos. 121 and 215.—Petition of Hoani Nahona and Others and Haana Ruta and Others.]

Nos. 121 and 215.—Petition of Hoani Nahona and Others and Haana Ruta and Others.

Petitioners pray that the necessary legislation may be passed to enable a rehearing to be made of the partition of the Horowhenua Block No. 6.

I am directed to report that, as Major Kemp admits he is trustee of the land mentioned in the petitions (Block No. 6, Horowhenua), but does not admit the claimants to be those properly entitled, this Committee is of opinion that legislation should be passed to allow some Native Land Court to settle who are the persons entitled to the land.

14th August, 1894.

[Translation. ]
Nos. 121 and 215.—Na Pitihana a Hoani Nahona me etahi atu a Haana Ruta hoki me etahi atu.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia mahia he Ture kia ahei ai te tu he whakawa tuarua mo Horowhenua Nama 6 Poraka.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: I runga i te mea kua whakaae a Meiha Keepa ko ia te kai-tiaki mo te whenua e whakahuatia ana i roto i te pitihana nei—ara, mo Horowhenua Nama 6 Poraka—a i runga hoki i te mea kahore ia e whakaae ana e whai paanga ana nga kai-pitihana ki te whenua, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti ko te tikanga me mahi he Ture kia ahei ai tetahi Kooti Whenua Maori ki te uiui ko wai ma nga tangata e whai paanga ana ki te whenua.

14 Akuhata, 1894.