Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1894.

[No. 642.—Petition of Te Hata Moutara and 30 Others.]

No. 642.—Petition of Te Hata Moutara and 30 Others.

Petitioners pray that no survey of the Raukokore Block be permitted unless applied for by themselves, as they allege they are the proper owners of the land.

I am directed to report that the petitioners pray that the survey of the Raukokore Block be discontinued, on the ground that those upon whose application authority was given for the survey are not owners. According to a memorandum from the Surveyor-General it appears that the said applicants are only remotely interested in the land, therefore the surveyor has been officially told to discontinue the survey until further instructed. This being so, the Committee has no recommendation to make in regard to the petition.

5th October, 1894.

[Translation. ]
No. 642.—Pitihana a Hata Moutara me etahi atu e 30.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia kaua e whakaaetia he ruuri mo Raukokore Poraka, engari ma ratou ake ano e tono kia ruuritia ka tika, e ki ana hoki ratou ko ratou nga tangata tika ki te whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia mutu te ruuri o Raukokore Poraka i runga i te mea ko nga tangata na ratou te tono i whakamana ai te ruuri kia haere e hara i nga tangata no ratou te whenua. E whakaatu ana tetahi pukapuka na te Tino Tumuaki o nga Kai-ruuri he iti noa iho te paanga o nga tangata na ratou te tono ruuri ki te whenua, a na reira kua tae te kupu ki te kai-ruuri kia mutu tana mahi kia tae atu ra ano he kupu whakahau hou kia ruuri. I runga i tenei ahua kahore he kupu a te Komiti mo runga mo tenei pitihana.

5 Oketopa, 1894.