Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1895

[Nos. 453, 1894, 464, 1894, and 46, 1895.—Petitions of Rangihaeata and 69 Others; R. T. Rangihaukori and 2 Others (No. 1); R. T. Rangihaukori and 646 Others (No. 2).]

Nos. 453, 1894, 464, 1894, and 46, 1895.—Petitions of Rangihaeata and 69 Others; R. T. Rangihaukori and 2 Others (No. 1); R. T. Rangihaukori and 646 Others (No. 2).

The petitioners complain that they have insufficient land for their occupation. Some of the confiscated land given to the tribe has been leased, but what they desire is some land they can occupy and cultivate.

The matter is so important that the Committee think the Government should at once take steps to inquire into the state of the petitioners, and, if necessary, get powers to allocate some land for their occupation, should it be found that the land they now hold is insufficient for their support.

11th July, 1895.

[Translation.]
Nos. 453, 1894, 464, 1894, me 46, 1895.—Pitihana a Rangihaeata me etahi atu e ono tekau ma iwa; R. T. Rangihaukori me etahi atu toko rua; R. T. Rangihaukori me etahi atu e ono rau e wha tekau ma ono.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana kaore o ratou whenua hei kainga mo ratou hei mahinga kai hoki ma ratou. Ko etahi o nga whenua raupatu i hoatu nei mo nga hapu kua riihitia, heoi ko to ratou hiahia ko tetahi whenua hei kainga, hei ngakinga kai hoki ma ratou.

I te mea he take tino whai-tikanga tenei na reira ki te mahara a te Komiti me tere te Kawanatanga i tenei wa tonu ki te uiui i nga ahua o nga kai-pitihana, a ki te kitea he iti rawa o ratou whenua, te mea tika me wehe he whenua hei kainga hei oranga mo ratou.

11 o Hurae, 1895.