Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Schedule

Schedule.

Boundaries. [810 acres.]Bounded—On the North-west by the Okaka River; towards the North-east by the Waimahe Stream; towards the East by the Okaihau No. 2 Block three hundred and thirty-eight (338) links, five hundred and forty-two (542) links, two hundred and three (203) links, one thousand four hundred and thirty-eight (1438) links, one thousand two hundred and eighty-four (1284) links, two hundred and eighty-one (281) links, and one thousand and thirty-one (1031) links; towards the South by the Utakura River; towards the South-west by the said Utakura River; and towards the North-west by the Whakarongorua No. 2 Block seven thousand five hundred and seventeen (7517) links and one thousand nine hundred and sixty-seven (1967) links.
Maori précis He Pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Tupari Raniera, Te Momohanga i tera whenua katoa tona ingoa ko Whakarongorua No. 1 kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri ia ia ake tonu atu. Ko te utu mo taua whenua E ono tekau pauna tekau ma rima hereni (£60 . 15 . 0) ko te nui E waru rau kotahi tekau eka koni ake iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei. Ki te kotiu ko Okaihau No. 2 ki te marangai ko te awa o Utakura ki te tonga ko te awa o Utakura ki te hauauru ko "Whakarongorua No. 2."

Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter under Native Land Act, 1873.

page 105 I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Auckland, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, madeTrust Commissioner's certificate. the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commr.

Dated this 30th day of August, 1875.

755 c.

Received for Registration at 10 a.m., 1st September, 1875.Registration.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificate, and Endorsernent.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, March 3rd, 1876.