Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Schedule

Schedule.

Bounded—Towards the East by the Otangaroa No. 3 Block twenty-two thousand and Boundaries. [1,718 acres. ninety-five (22095) links; towards the South by a line eight thousand three hundred and five (8305) links; towards the South-west by the Otangaroa No. 1 Block eleven thousand two hundred and ninety-five (11295) links; and towards the North-west by the Rotokakahi Block two thousand eight hundred and eighty-two (2802) links and eighteen thousand seven hundred and nineteen (18719) links.
He pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Pauro Rangaihi, Wiremu Tana Papahia, Maori précis. Wiremu Mutu, Amiria Te Tai, Herewini Te Toko, Mihaka Arapeti, Mika Hone Kingi, Pauro Muru i tera whenua katoa tona ingoa ko " Otangaroa No. 2 " Kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu Ko te utu mo taua whenua Kotahi rau e whitu tekau ma tahi pauna tekau hereni (£171 . 10 . 0) Ko te nui Kotahi mano e whitu rau kotahi tekau ma waru eka koni ake iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei ki te Marangai ko Otangaroa No. 3. Ki te Tonga he whenua Maori me " Otangaroa No. 1." Ki te tua Raki ko "Rotokakahi " he whenua kua oti te ruri.

Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter under Native Land Act, 1873.

I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native LandsTrust Commissioner's certificate. Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Auckland, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the resuit of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultain
Trust Commr.

Dated this 30th day of August, 1875.

764 c.

Received for Registration at 10 a.m., 1 Sep., 1875.Regïstration.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificate, and Endorsement.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, March 8th, 1876.