Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Schedule

Schedule.

Boundaries [4,876 acres.]Bounded—Towards the East by Otangaroa No. 4 Block thirty-nine thousand and nineteen (39019) links; towards the South by lines six hundred and twenty-two (622) links, eight thousand and twenty-nine (8029) links, two thousand six hundred and thirty (2630) links, four thousand three hundred (4300) links, and one thousand three hundred and sixty-four (1364) links; towards the West by the Otangaroa No. 2 Block twenty-two thousand and ninety-five (22095) links, the Awaroa No. 1 Block six thousand three hundred and forty-six (6346) links, and the Manganui-o-Wae Block eight thousand six hundred and eighty-seven (8687) links; and towards the North by the said Manganui-o-Wae Block eight thousand two hundred and fifteen (8215) links.
Maori précis. He pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Wiremu Te Tai, Wirikake Wharetohunga, Heremia Te Wake, Timoti Puhipi, Pireki Te Tekenui, Tawio Pou, Hotene Te Kanohi, Akinihi Papahia i tera whenua katoa tona ingoa ko "Otangaroa No. 3" kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu. Ko te utu mo taua whenua e wha rau e iwa tekau ma ono pauna (£496 . 0 . 0) Ko te nui e wha mano e waru rau e whitu tekau ma ono eka koni ake iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei ki te Kotiu ko "Manganui o wae" Ki te Marangai ko "Otangaroa No. 4," Ki te Tonga he whenua Maori, Ki te Hauauru ko "Otangaroa No. 2" ko Awaroa No. 1 Ki te Tuaraki Manganui-o-wae.

Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter, Native Land Act, 1873.

Trust Commissioner's Certificate. I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the Province of Auckland, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commr.

Dated this 30th day of August, 1875.

765 c.

Registration. Received for Registration at 10 a.m. 1 Sep., 1875.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificate, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Tuston.

Wellington, March 8th, 1876.