Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

declaration no. 2 of James Mackay

page 430

declaration no. 2 of James Mackay

I, James Mackay Junior of Auckland in the Province of Auckland New Zealand a duly authorized Interpreter under The Native Lands Act 1865 The Native Lands Declaration 2 of James Mackay, jun. Act 1867 and the Native Lands Act 1869 Do solemnly and sincerely declare—
  • 1. That I was present together with Frederick Horton Crippen of Auckland aforesaid clerk on the seventh day of December instant and did see Kapanga Te Arakuri mentioned and described in the within written Deed of Grant and also in the Deed of Conveyance endorsed hereon duly sign and execute the said endorsed Deed of Conveyance.
  • 2. That immediately before the execution of the said deed by the said Kapanga Te Arakuri I did interpret the said deed to him into the Maori language and that my translation thereof was correct and was understood by the said Kapanga Te Arakuri.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of certain Acts of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled The Native Lands Act 1865 The Native Lands Act 1867 The Native Lands Act 1869 and The Justices of the Peace Act 1866.

James Mackay, Jr.

Declared at Auckland in the Province afore
said this fourteenth day of December
One thousand eight hundred and seventy,
Before me—

James Preece,
Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.