Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

page 236
I, John Charles Young, of Wanganui, in the Province of Wellington, in the Colony ofInterpreter's declaration. New Zealand, Licensed Native Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:—
1.That I did faithfully interpret in the Maori language the above-written Deed to Aperahama Tipae, therein named and described, previous to his execution thereof, and that my translation was correct, and was understood by him.
2.That the said Deed was executed by the above-named party in the presence of me, this declarant, and of James Booth, of Wanganui aforesaid, Land Purchase Commissioner, and was executed on the day it bears date, being the fifteenth day of July, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-three.
3.That the name of John C. Young, set and subscribed to the said Deed, is of my proper handwriting, and that I am a duly qualified Licensed Native Interpreter under the Native Lands Act in force in this colony.
4.That the name James Booth, set and subscribed to the said Deed as one of the witnesses, is of the proper handwriting of the said James Booth, and that the said James Booth is a male adult. And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

John C. Young.

Declared at Wanganui aforesaid, this twenty-first day of July, One thousand eight hundred and seventy-three. Before me—

Chas. H. Borlase,

A Justice of the Peace in and for the Colony of New Zealand.
A True Copy of Original Deed and Declarations.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, March 16th, 1876.