Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

No. 111. — Copy of a Despatch from the Right Hon. the Earl of Kimberley to the Officer Administering the Government of New Zealand

No. 111.
Copy of a Despatch from the Right Hon. the Earl of Kimberley to the Officer Administering the Government of New Zealand.

Downing Street, 30th April, 1873.

Sir,—

I have received and laid before the Queen the address to Her Majesty from the powerful clan of the Ngapuhis, on the occasion of the recovery of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, which was transmitted in Sir G. Bowen's Despatch No. 11, of the 11th February, together with an English translation, and a memorandum by the Minister for Native Affairs.

I am commanded by the Queen to instruct you to convey to the chiefs of the Ngapuhi clan Her Majesty's thanks for their kind expressions of sympathy and congratulation, and to assure them that Her Majesty warmly appreciates the spirit of loyalty to the Crown, and of attachment to the person and family of the Sovereign, which is displayed in their address.

You will further assure them that the Queen continues to regard with her royal favour the Native chiefs and tribes of New Zealand residing under Her Majesty's Government, and that Her Majesty will always take a lively interest in the welfare and prosperity of the Native tribes

I have, &c.,

Kimberley.

The Officer Administering the Government of New Zealand.