Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

No. 29. — The Hon. the Colonial Secretary to His Honor the Superintendent, Auckland

No. 29.
The Hon. the Colonial Secretary to His Honor the Superintendent, Auckland.

Coromandel—Pukekura Block offered for sale. Colonial Secretary's Office, Land Purchase Department, Auckland, 2nd May, 1862.

Sir,—

I have the honor to inform you that Te Moananui of Coromandel has offered for sale a block of land of 700 or 800 acres in that district, described as the Pukekura Block. The boundaries of the page 312Block have, I find, been surveyed by an officer of the General Government, and Moananui has received advances to the extent of £55 upon it. Though aware of the objection to purchasing small blocks of land not of the best quality, yet, under the above circumstances, I think you will concur with me that in completing this transaction at the price of 3s. an acre (£112 10s. being the price of the whole block) I shall be consulting the interests of the Province of Auckland.

If you agree in this, the transaction shall be immediately closed.

I have, &c.,

William Fox.

His Honor the Superintendent, Auckland.