Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

[No. 72.]

No. 72.

Mr. H. T. Kemp, Civil Commissioner, Auckland, to the Under Secretary, Native Department.

Whangarei Land Purchases. Civil Commissioner's Office, Auckland, 21st June, 1875.

Sir,—

Before this is received in your office, I shall hope to have completed the payment of the Tangihua and Purua Blocks, in the district of Whangarei.

I have already so fully reported, for the information of the Hon. the Native Minister, the steps taken to obtain a cession of the various contiguous Blocks described, I shall now only do myself the honor of saying that, the negotiations having commenced prior to my being relieved of this duty, it was arranged with my successor, and with the Native Minister's concurrence, that the final completion should also be left in my hands. I have the pleasure to state that this has now been done to the satisfaction of the native sellers, and I trust that the arrangements made throughout will also meet with the approval of the Government.

I have, &c.,

H. T. Kemp, Civil Commissioner.

The Under Secretary, Native Department,
(Land Purchase Branch), Wellington.

Schedule of Blocksreffered to.Whangarei District.

Name of Block. Acreage. Price per acre. Price paid. Remarks.
s. d. £ s. d.
Hukerenui 19,500 1 6 1,512 10 0
Wairua 26,200 1 10 2,401 13 4
Purua 18,610 2 0 1,861 0 0
Tangihua 15,531 1 6 1,164 16 6
Additional Aukumeroa 10,000 Incomplete; price not fixed.
Additional Aukumeroa 10,000
Additional Mataka estimated 2,350 2 3 264 7 6 Bay of Islands District.
Total 92,191 7,204 7 4

H. T. Kemp.