Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

An Epitome of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand

No. 109 — The Secretary of Crown Lands to Mr. Surveyor Swainson

No. 109
The Secretary of Crown Lands to Mr. Surveyor Swainson.

Wellington.—Relative to Lighthouse Reserve at Pencarrow Head. General Grown Lands Office, Wellington, 7th March, 1867.

Sir,—

With reference to a claim made by certain Natives for rent of the Lighthouse Reserve at Pencarrow Head, I have to request you to be good enough to forward to this office a plan in your possession, alluded to in your memorandum on the papers attached to the claim, showing the first purchase of the New Zealand Company in that locality, dated 7th October, 1844, and any other documents or deeds of the same nature you may have in your possession relating to the acquisition of lands in this province by the Government from the Natives, in order that the same may be filed as page 58records in this department. I have also to request you to be good enough to forward, for the purpose of reference, the original deed between the Pitone Natives and Colonel McCleverty.

I have, &c.,

Alfred Domett.

G. F. Swainson, Esq., Commissioner of Native Reserves.