Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Pitakatahi Block, Whangaroa, Mangonui District

Pitakatahi Block, Whangaroa, Mangonui District.

Wangerowa New Zealand 23rd Novr. 1833.
I Rivva well known by the name of Huhuroa Chief of Wangerowa hereby acknowledge 1833. 23 November.Mangonui District. to have sold to William Parrot and William Spickman the whole of that ground with the whole of the Wood contained thereon known by the name of Petuckitikie. Pitakatahi. Bounded on the North Urrakinna for the front. On the South by Bookatotarra, for Parrot and Spickman. the Back. On the East by Wheeronewee for a side, on the West by Toueetoto the Boundaries. other side, and contigues to a small creek known by the name of Moungaete. And I hereby bind and oblige myself to give up all claim and tittle to the said ground and wood contained thereon to the said William Parrot and William Spickman and for which ground and wood contained thereon I have received from the said William Parrot and William Spickman One Double Barrel Fowling Piece as full value of the fore mentioned Receipt. ground and wood contained thereon. As Witness my hand this the Twenty-third day of November in the year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and Thirty-three years.

Huhuroa x his mark.

Witnesses—

Alexander Stephen.
Daniel Brown.
tareha.

Paid to Taitaoro x his mark, one double barral Gun. 27 April 1835. Rd. Baker Witness.

Na Torotoro Kaeo.