Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Pakona Block, Whangaroa, Mangonui District

Pakona Block, Whangaroa, Mangonui District.

This Indenture made entered into and agreed upon this tenth day of October in the 1839. 10 October.Mangonui District. year of our Lord one Thousand eight Hundred and thirty-nine between Uduroa a native chief of Whangaroa New Zealand of the one part and Edward Stallard and Pakona. William Wells of the other part, Witnesseth that I Uduroa as above mentioned for and Stillard and Wells. in consideration of the value of Thirty Pounds of lawful money of Great Britain which has been duly truly paid me Uduroa by the said Edward Stallard and William Wells do Receipt. hereby sell release and assign and by these presents have sold released and assigned unto the said Edward Stallard and William Wells their Executors Administrators and Assigns to have and to hold for ever all that piece or parcel of Land called or known by the name of Pakona and bounded on the East by Dominick's land, on the West by Boundaries. Davis's land on the North by a marked line and on the South by the river at low water [60 acres.] mark and I Ururoa as above mentioned Do hereby further covenant promise and agree to keep them the said Edward Stallard and William Wells in quiet and peaceable possession of the above mentioned piece or parcel of Ground. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the day and date above mentioned.

Uduroa his x mark.
Himi Paora.

Witness—

Chas. Bacon.
Henry Davis.

True Copy.

H. Tacy Kemp.