Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Dusky and Preservation Bays (Land at), Otago District

page 418

Dusky and Preservation Bays (Land at), Otago District.

1832. 9 November.Otago District.Dusky Bay. To all whom it may concern be it known that I Taboca Rangatira or Chief of the Southern Territories New Zealand have this (9th) Ninth day of November in the year Peter Williams. of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and thirty-two sold unto Peter Williams of New South Wales, his Heirs Executors Administrators or Assigns for ever all my right Title and Interest in and to all that portion of my Territory situated being and lying on Boundaries. the West side of the Middle Island New Zealand beginning from the North Head of Dusky Bay in Latitude 45° South and 166° 15' East and ending at the South Head of Preservation Bay in Latitude 46° 30' South and 166° 43' East Also all those Islands within those boundaries and all the other Islands not herein mentioned Including also all Rivers Streams Inlets Fisheries Tenements Buildings Cultivations &c. &c. to him the said Peter Williams his Heirs Executors Administrators or Assigns from henceforth and Receipt. for ever In consideration of which I Taboca Rangatira acknowledge to have received Sixty Muskets In witness whereof I have this day set my hand and seal in my Tatto likeness Opposite.
Middle Island or Tavai Poenammoo.

[Maori signature not copied.]
Peter Williams.

Witness—

James his x mark Spencer.