Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Enclosure in No. 177.) — Purchase of Land adjoining the preceding Piece

(Enclosure in No. 177.)1839. 5 October.
Purchase of Land adjoining the preceding Piece.

Know all men that we the undersigned Chiefs of New Zealand by these presents have Kororareka (Land at). this day sold and demised unto Thomas Spicer his Heirs Execrs. Admrs. and Assigns for ever All that piece or parcel of Land situated lying and being at the back of Kororarika bounded in the front by the Swamp on the —— by the property of the said Boundaries. Thomas Spicer on the —— by the property of T. G. Clayton, running to the extent of the land purchased by T. Spicer from me upon a former occasion Also a piece or page 174parcel situated at the back of the Land purchased by Thomas Spicer from Etedoki and others and running to the brow of the hill as marked by me this day 5th Octr. 1839.

(Signed) Witness—Edwd. Powell.
(Signed). Witness—S. Perry.
E Waddy her x mark. l.s.
Etehoo his x mark. l.s.

Receipt. I have received this day in cash and goods as follows. Cash £2, 2 Blankets 1 Shirt 1 Trowsers l Gown 1 bar of Soap 1 Spade 2 lbs. of tobacco 2 Coats 1 Blanket 1 Shirt 2 Blankets and 1 shirt. Received the above in full of the land.

(Signed) Etehoo his x mark.

True Copy.

Henry Tacy Kemp.

No. 214n. O.L.C. A True Transcript of Certified Copy of Deed and Enclosure.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 4th January, 1879.