Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Punamua Block, Kawakawa, Bay of Islands District

Punamua Block, Kawakawa, Bay of Islands District.

Know1837. 21 February.Bay of Islands District. all men by these presents That I the undersigned being Chief of a Tribe in the Bay of Islands and owner of a piece of land situated and being at Punamua the boundaries of which are hereafter stated do hereby sell bargain and transfer unto John Faulkner Punamua. John Faulkner. of the said place Carpenter and his heirs for ever the said parcel of land the true and full payment of which I do hereby acknowledge having received, and I the said Kivi Kivi have full right and good authority to sell and transfer the said land unto the said John Faulkner And further I the said Kivi Kivi do guarantee the said John Faulkner shall hereafter hold quiet and peaceable possession of the said premises the boundaries of which are as hereafter set forth. In Witness whereof I the said Kivi Kivi have set my hand and seal this 21st day of February 1837.

Witness to signature—

Kivi Kivi x his mark. L.S.
George Greenway.
William Potter.

True Copy.

Henry Tacy Kemp.

Receipt. of John Faulkner the sum of Eight pounds sterling being the consideration for the within mentioned land 21st February 1837.

Witness—

Kivi Kivi x his mark. L.S.
George Greenway.
William Potter.