Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Supplementary Deeds. — No. I

Supplementary Deeds.
No. I.

1837. 2 October.Tapeka.Know all Men by these Presents that I A' Rivers (Rewa) a chief of the tribe of the Na R. Holtom. Pui and Pirow the son of the said Rivers and two chiefs of the name of Puss resident at Kororarika Bay of Islands have this day bargained sold transferred sealed signed and set over to Richard Holtom his heirs and assigns for ever all that piece of land Bounded Boundaries.on the North by the land of Benjamin Evans Turner,—on the South by a Footpath being the boundary of Captn. Robertson,—on the East by a line this day marked by the above Natives, also a small Bay belonging to Puss and surrounded by the land of Rd. Holtom,—and on the West by the land of the said Rd. Holtom purchased of the E' Kida Together with all that is either above or beneath the surface of the same. That the above said parties do this day bargain sell and assign over for themselves their heirs Executors Administrators and Assigns all right and title to the same for the consideration Receipt.under mentioned: 1 cask Powder, 1 Shirt, 1 Grown Piece, 1 Hoe, 1 pr. Trowsers, also 1 cask Powder and 1 Blanket which we the aforesaid of parties have received in full payment thereof.

In Witness whereof we have this day at Kororarika set our hands and seals this 2nd day of October 1837.

The mark of A' Rivers x. L.S.
The mark of Puss x. L.S.
The mark of Pirow x. L.S.
The mark of A'Annu x. L.S.
The mark of Puss junior x. L.S.

Witness to signatures—

H. McLiver.
Benj. Turner.
John Reid.
Thos. Graham.