Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Wharewharekauri Block (John Anderson's), Hokianga District

1834. 23 November. Hokianga District. Wharewharekauri Block (John Anderson's), Hokianga District.

Know all Men by these presents that I Tounue a Native Chief of the River Hokianga Wharewharekauri.John Anderson. New Zealand Hath this day namely the Twenty-third day of November in the Year of our Lord One Thousand Eight hundred and Thirty-four Bargained Sold Transfered and Alleniated And Doth by these presents Bargain Sell Alleniate and Transfer all that Boundarias. [1,000 acres.] piece or parcel of Land known known by the name of Werry Courie bounded by the point called Werry Werry Courie on the one side by the Creek called Werry Werry Courie Creek on the other side and by the River Hokianga in the front and by the Inland boundary to five miles distance on the other side Inland Situated in New Zealand aforesaid extending in Land five miles Together with all Timber, Waters, Watercourses, Rivers, Streams, Inlets rights of ways Bays and every other property appertaining thereto Unto John Anderson of the River Hokianga aforesaid Sawyer and Boat builder Receipt. His Heirs Assigns and administrators for Ever For Two Blankets and fifty pounds of Powder the receipt whereof I hereby duly acknowledge As Witness whereof I the said Tounue have Set my hand and Seal the day of the year first within written.

Tounue x his mark. l.s.
John Anderson x his mark. l.s.
Aurudu x his mark.

Signed, Sealed and Delivered in the presence of—
J. S. Odeland.
G. P. Hagger.