Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Mount St. John (Land at), Manukau Road, Auckland District

Mount St. John (Land at), Manukau Road, Auckland District.

1844. 4 June.Auckland District.Mount St. JohnWilliam Turner.Receipt for £17.Boundaries. [32a. 1r. 19p.]I Wiremu Weteri, a chief of the tribe of Ngatitemoho do hereby acknowledge to have received from William Turner the sum of Seventeen Pounds sterling in part payment of Thirty-two acres, one rood and nineteen perches of land purchased from me by William Turner at Mount Saint John Bounded on the North by land the property of Mr. James Dilworth 1,080 links, and by land the property of William Clayton Hayes 1,146 links, on the West by the Manukau Road 1,169 links, on the South by land the property of Jane Barr, John Finlay, Robert Austin and Joseph May, and on the East by a line running from the North Eastern extremity of the property of the said Joseph May along the edge of one of the steps or parapets on the Eastern side of the said hill of Mount Saint John to a peg fixed in the ground on the North Eastern side thereof, and thence by a straight line 1,345 links to the Eastern extremity of the boundary first above mentioned. And in the land above described as the property purchased from me by William Turner aforesaid are included the summit ridge and the whole of the crater of the said hill of Mount St. John: and the further consideration to be paid to me, is, namely, the balance of the money Nine Pounds Sterling, and I hereby bind myself not to demand the balance until after the delivery of the Governmt. Grant, and I also bind myself and my heirs to execute all necessary deeds to convey the said piece of land to the said William Turner and his heirs. Dated at Auckland this 4th day of June 1844.

(Signed) Wiremu Weteri his x mark.

Signed by the said Wiremu Weteri in our presence, the same having been first read over and fully explained to the sd. Wiremu Weteri by the undersigned Edward Meurant

(Signed) E. Meurant, Interpreter, Auckland.
Chas. Robinson, Shortland Crescent.

A true copy.

E. Meurant.
Chaeles Robinson.