Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

Translation

Translation.

1844. 30 December.Auckland District.Okahukura.A. Chisholm. I the undersigned do fully consent this day to make over and sell to Adam Chisholm, his heirs after him, and those he shall appoint a portion of land situate on the right bank of the creek Okahukura, the said land to be secured, with all wood, flax, rocks, and everything else upon the said land. I will not sell the said land to any other individual, but my claim to the said land is null and void, and I deliver it up and fully sell it to Adam Chisholm, to his heirs after him and to those he shall appoint at this present time, after this, and for ever.
Boundaries. [1,200 acres.] Boundaries. Commencing at a place named Anakorora on the Waitemata river, running upon the ridge until it meets the Government line where a hole has been dug— following the Government line it falls into the Creek Oteha—running in the said creek to Okahukura—coming along the shore of the creek Okahukura until it reaches Mr. Langford's land—following the boundaries of Mr. Langford's land it again falls into the creek Okahukura—thence to Te Kauri, Kiriahuru, and Te Tikoro, coming along the shore of the Waitemata river until it joins Te Anakorora.
Receipt. Payments. 1 horse, 2 saddles, 2 bridles, 1 brush, 1 comb, cash £2.

I assent to the truth of this writing, and because it is true I write my name below on this day of December the 30th in the year of our Lord 1844.

Signed x Hauraki.

True Translation.

C. Davis.

No. 94.P.C. A True Copy of Original Deed and Translation.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 13th October, 1880.