Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims

(Supplementary Deed.) — Agreement as to Boundaries

(Supplementary Deed.)
Agreement as to Boundaries.

1846. 18 February.Pikau.Whitaker and Halls.This Deed made the 18th of February in the year 1846 Between Ruinga a Native Chief of New Zealand living at Waiheki of the one part and Frederick Whitaker and John Halls of Auckland in the said Territory of New Zealand of the other part Witnesseth that it is hereby agreed by and between the said parties hereto that the boundary lines of the Land purchased by the said Frederick Whitaker and John Halls under and by virtue of the Pre-emption Certificate granted to the said John Halls bearing date the Boundaries. [700 acres.] 23rd day of December 1844 shall be as follows: Commencing at a point which is the South Point of the Bay of Pikau and extending along the Coast to the Point of Taniwanui which forms the frontage and thence extending back to the highest point of a range of hills at the back so as to include the large Kauri Forest and extending thence to meet a line drawn from the Point of Pikau aforesaid. In Witness whereof we have hereunto subscribed our names.

Ruinga Kahukoti.

Signed by the said parties in the presence of—
Theoph. Heale, Gentleman Auckland.
J. B. O'Mealy Surveyor Auckland.

Receipt for £20. Received the sum of Twenty Pounds the balance due to me as the purchase money of the within mentioned Land and I hereby admit and acknowledge that I have received from Frederick Whitaker and John Halls the full amount of payment for the within described Land And I do hereby convey and assure the same to them in consideration thereof. As Witness my hand this 18th day of February 1846.

Ruinga Kahukoti.

Signed in the presence of the payment having been first made—
Theoph. Heale
J B. O'Mealy